Our third annual Photo Camp for Haitian Youth is July 26 – August 6, 2013!
Once again, a great team of volunteer photographers and assistants will work side by side with our Haitian students for this collaborative community project in Jacmel. This year we are simplifying the schedule and downsizing a bit to concentrate on individual technical training, more intensive photography instruction, and small business development by creating a Portrait Studio. Last year one of our older students asked us what photography can do for his life, and we’re answering him by providing ideas and guidance into how photography skills can evolve into practical employment. Fedno Lubin of ACFFC has been fulfilling assignments for his organization and Zanmi Lakay for almost a year, and our hope is that more students follow in his footsteps.
Please consider making a donation and investing in the future of these talented young photographers to help us reach our fundraising goal of $8,500.00. With your gifts and our volunteer team, we can make it happen!
We are excited to have our base camp in ACFFC’s new building in downtown Jacmel! Guy and Jennifer Pantaléon will lead the team of volunteer professional photographers and assistants including Joel Petion, Zanmi Lakay’s director in Haiti, translator Rodolph LaPointe, and ACFFC staff.
The opening night community reception at the Fosaj Art Center in Jacmel is Saturday August 3, 2013, and everyone is invited!
2013 Photo Camp Wish List
- TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATIONS NEEDED: We need to raise $8,500.00 to help pay for our annual 10-day Youth Photo Camp in Jacmel, Haiti. Your dollars will help pay for lodging and food for students and Haitian staff, luggage fees, press badges for students and volunteers, transportation and gas to and from Port-au-Prince and in and around Jacmel for the entire team, t-shirts, equipment, donation for the gallery, refreshments for exhibition reception, local printing for exhibit take away card, fees to artists making banners and signs, costumes and supplies for reception performers, and all materials and supplies listed below that are not donated.
- Sponsor 4 Cité Soleil advanced students – $300 covers food, lodging, and transportation for each.
- 30 working digital cameras – We have received 7
- At least 4 good working laptops
- 4 External Hard Drives - We have received 2
- 2 thumb drives
- Portrait Studio supplies: 3 clip lights and 6 bulbs, 4 umbrellas, 2 reflectors, 2 extension cords, 8 clamps, sheet of black felt, 2 rolls gaffer’s tape
15 sets of Ink Cartridges for Epson Printer WF 1100 - Thank you Rex, Kelly and Cartridge World of SF for donating the ink!
- 2nd Epson inkjet large size printer and ink cartridges
- 250 sheets of premium satin inkjet 13″ x 19″ photographic paper
- 4 – ink cartridges for donated Epson mini printer: Epson PM 260
- 200 AA batteries for cameras
- 50 – 2 gig or larger SD cards
- Museum putty to hang prints and caption cards
- 50 compact reporting notebooks and pens for students
- ADDITIONAL ITEMS FOR KIDS AND ARTISTS: tubes of oil and acrylic paint, paint brushes, beach balls, soccer balls, dominos, balloons, colored chalk, Sunprinting kits
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!